Username: Password:

Author Topic: Cargo net  (Read 2220 times)

Offline MacGyver

• Bike: 09 KLR 685
Cargo net
« on: April 12, 2015, 04:17:22 PM »
I stumbled on the Powertye website looking for netting for a project and saw that they have cargo nets. I've had cheap, weak cargo nets that didn't hold up, but theirs looked worth checking in to. I ordered 2 of the 15x15s and they are pretty nice. The material is about 3/16" dia. and tied quite well.

The clips seem to be heavy duty and can be removed and placed elsewhere if needed. They snap in place and hopefully won't unsnap and get lost.

They are large enough to snap on the Gen 2 rear rack.

Shipping was VERY fast.
The have tie down straps, soft ties, etc. as well.
No affiliation with the company, just passing on info on what appears to be a nice product.   :thumb:

Offline oldstove

• Bike: '03 KLR650
Re: Cargo net
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 07:32:06 AM »
Great find Mac. I've been using those cheapo nets and lose the clips all the time. Your nets look to be much beefier. Thanks for the heads up!

:thumb:
KLR - 2 wheeled multitool

Offline Cway

• Veteran Member
  • Bike: 2008 KLR 685
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 06:04:47 AM »
I just ordered one we will see how I like it.

Offline Yellow Jacket

• Bike: Super Sherpa,XT350, DR650
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 09:46:55 AM »
A friend gave me one of these as payment for a small favor I did for him. Haven't even used it yet. One of the big pluses with this net is that it is smaller squares than most that I've seen. Keeps water bottles etc. from falling out. 

Offline MacGyver

• Bike: 09 KLR 685
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 11:15:24 AM »
I got a chance to try this out on a 4 day trip, it did quite well. The detachable hooks are handy if they need to be flipped or moved to a different location for attaching to the bike or adapting to the load. I kept the net stretched over the front of my duffle bag. When I got groceries I just stashed the bag of goods under the net until I found a place to camp. Also worked well to secure my insulated liner when the temps warmed up. So far, so good.  :clap:

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 KLRWorld.com
All Rights Reserved