International Forums > Australia & New Zealand

WANTED KLR 650 '08+ wrecked forks

(1/3) > >>

oneblackdog:
Hi

Have you got a set of wrecked or bent KLR 650 '08+ forks?

I need a new "oil lock piece" for my 08+ KLR 650 forks, it is the white plastic sleeve that is bolted in place under the damper rod - it acts as a hydraulic bump stop (see the photo)

Call me if you can help.

Thanks, OBD

I can pay with Bank Transfer, PayPal, Cash on pick up (I'm in Brisbane) or COD post.

Bernie:
Hey OBD

Them things aren't cheap

Have a set here off a 2010 model 16,000km

Surely you can buy the part from some where ?????

oneblackdog:
G'day Bernie, yes the price for new is crazy. All I need is the plastic "oil lock piece" but it, of course, only comes with the damper rod. I contacted a few wreckers, but nothing (apart from complete fork sets).
 :beer:

OBD

rarepartbuilder:
does the oil lock piece fit "into" the damper rod or vise versa? how about a picture of the two pieces partially assembled {interaction of the two} so we can maybe come up with some rework scenarios...

oneblackdog:

--- Quote from: rarepartbuilder on August 30, 2014, 08:57:52 PM ---does the oil lock piece fit "into" the damper rod or vise versa? how about a picture of the two pieces partially assembled {interaction of the two} so we can maybe come up with some rework scenarios...

--- End quote ---

G'day RPB, thanks for the thoughts,

Hope these help you understand how it all goes together.

oil lock piece goes over end of damper rod, which is bolted to the bottom of the lower tube

at full compression the upper tube fits over the oil lock piece

The oil lock piece is a hydraulic bump stop.

Does the upper tube actually compress all the way to the bottom?

Cheers  :beer:

OBD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version