Username: Password:

Author Topic: Rainbow Falls on a sunny Sunday  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Hondo

• Bike: K1300GT, 990 ADV, KLX450R
Rainbow Falls on a sunny Sunday
« on: June 12, 2014, 06:28:59 PM »
June 10, 2013

Killer Kawasaki suggested that we trailer down to Rainbow Falls OHV area for the first time. Then I saw that KLRWorld.com Forum Moderator Rico had posted up for local members to ride with as he was is in Colorado Springs for some military training.

I invited him to meet us at Rainbow Falls in the afternoon. He had ridden his KLR650 all the way from Spokane, Washington and needed to see some of our Colorado beauty.

So I loaded the KLX450R on the trailer and headed over to Mark's place to pick up him & his son Zach. We loaded the 2 XR400's on the trailer & hit the road.

When we got to Rainbow Falls, we saw that Rico was waiting for us. After meeting him for the 1st time, we geared up & posed for the pre-ride shot- that's Pike's Peak in the background-

So we hit the trails & started exploring.

The trails had a great feel to them, with some loose, loamy sandy soil, & there were very few people there. The weather was really nice, dry, sunny & maybe 85 - made for some dusty riding.

Here are a few shots that I took at the top of a really steep section. I was at the top, Rico had stopped to get Zach going again- that's Rico's KLR down there-

here's Killer Kawasaki (Mark) - riding up-

Zach-

Rico-

At the top we took a break & Mark stopped in the perfect spot-

We rode all over Rainbow Falls, & it's my new favorite place to go for a local day of riding-  :deal:

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 KLRWorld.com
All Rights Reserved