Username: Password:

Author Topic: My Ride  (Read 2267 times)

Offline The Fonz

My Ride
« on: December 29, 2014, 06:12:36 PM »
I currently do not have a KLR, but am in the market.  In the past I have had a Gen 1 and a Gen2.  For now, I have a 1998 Goldwing SE.  My wife and I take road trips on it and pull our pop up tent trailer. 

Offline mtr3d

• Bike: 2009
Re: My Ride
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 07:06:42 PM »
Looks like fun times!  :ricky:

Offline MacGyver

• Bike: 09 KLR 685
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 05:14:14 AM »
Nice ride.  :thumb: 
Those trailers look like a great way to travel.

Offline Spanky

• Bike: Blue '08
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 09:49:17 AM »
AND ...the Fonz is a good guy! You might remember....he came out to the Mrs. house in Arkansas. A 5 ish hour ride starting at zero dark 30. We did the doo...changed fork oil and engine oil. He left in the middle of the day and 100+ temps and high humidity. Good to see you back!
Zat choo, Buckwheat...?

Offline steve

• Veteran Member
  • Bike: 2011 klr650
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 02:28:43 PM »
What's up Fonz?  Just thought I'd pop in and say, "HEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeYyyy!"

sre (I still got it)
Professionally Pondererin

Offline rarepartbuilder

• Bike: Gen 1 klr WR250R
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 05:18:52 PM »
nice ride fonz... any pictures with the camper deployed?

Offline The Fonz

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 10:00:48 AM »
The trailer in the photo is not the tent trailer, it was just a cargo trailer.   When I went to Alaska, the original plan was to ride the KLR solo all the way to Prudhoe Bay.  Spanky played a significant role in the prep of that bike.  The plan changed because I wanted to share the adventure with my wife.  Unfortunately, the KLR was a little too small for the both of us plus my wife does not like roughing it, so I sold it along with all the parts and lightweight gear I bought to fund the extra person.  Our goal with the wing was to make it to the Arctic Circle.  About a month before the trip, my wife's step mother was diagnosed with an aggressive cancer.  She was going to watch our kids while we were gone for the 30 day trip.  She would also need help to get to the treatment center.  We talked about canceling the trip.  My wife talked me into going solo, so I went, but cut the trip from 30 days to 15.  Here is our blog about the trip, it talks about the prep as well as the trip itself.  http://okiemom6.blogspot.com

Here is what our tent trailer looks like when it is folded out.  There is a king sized bed in there, we also have heat, a/c, and electric so it is more like RVing than camping.

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 KLRWorld.com
All Rights Reserved