Username: Password:

Author Topic: Finally....!  (Read 2216 times)

Offline Spanky

• Bike: Blue '08
Finally....!
« on: December 29, 2014, 03:41:47 PM »
No pictures. Finally got out today. Ended up riding to an area I have been threatening to ride for some time now. Have 705's on and got out on some super slick mud. Pulled muscles I had forgotten about. Closer I got to the Arkansas River the slicker it got. About 45 minutes...cold  and not much of a ride report...but I was out there!!  haphap
Zat choo, Buckwheat...?

Offline oldstove

• Bike: '03 KLR650
Re: Finally....!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 04:15:36 PM »
Excellent! Glad to hear you were able to get out. Weather permitting, I'm hoping to get out for a "last day of the year/first day of the year" commute to/from work in a couple days. So far it looks promising...no snow and temps in the upper teens overnight.
KLR - 2 wheeled multitool

Offline The Fonz

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 06:37:34 PM »
Still sounds like fun.

Offline Buzzardco

• Contributing Member
  • Bike: 2004 "army green"
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 07:59:44 PM »
I'm jealous, it is currently a -3 degrees and small drifts in the driveway and still snowing. Just wondering how much water is in the Arkansas? When I haul inmates down to SE Co the Arkansas is wide enough to walk through and as deep as your knees.

Offline Spanky

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 11:33:27 AM »
Missed this....     yeah....up to and near Ft. Gibson, OK  the Arkansas is barely a stream. Just near my home the Verdigris and the Neosho tie in to the Arkansas and it becomes a full fledged river. Lots of locks and dams down stream fills the banks pretty well. The fishing is great!!
Zat choo, Buckwheat...?

Offline Buzzardco

• Contributing Member
  • Bike: 2004 "army green"
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 08:37:12 AM »
Glad you survived the tornados last week. We had rain everyday for the last 12 days or so in Co so enjoy all the water heading your direction. Several county roads washed out last week. No KLR in over 2 weeks .

Offline oldstove

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 07:08:22 AM »

No KLR in over 2 weeks .

Not gonna sugar coat this...that's just one bad situation right there. Damage to property and other stuff is bad enough, but keeping a man from his KLR is just wrong.

iPhone Tapatalk

Offline Spanky

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2015, 12:15:38 PM »
Indeed....got markers out. Water is receding some but there is a call for more rain and flooding this afternoon and the rest of the week. Yesterday was the second highest I've seen in the backwaters of the Arkansas. I've still got three feet before I am feet wet. Lost a section of fence the other day....not direct tornado damage but high winds as the storms fall apart over the Arkansas. Lots of homes are on the ground this morning. Heading out now to lend a hand....KLR will tote a few shovels and get me into some remote spots.
Zat choo, Buckwheat...?

Offline oldstove

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 05:58:26 PM »
You're awesome SPANKY. Using the ole KLR as the ultimate search and rescue tool! Good luck to you all down there in the flood areas. We're pulling for you's.

iPhone Tapatalk

Offline Spanky

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2015, 07:48:25 PM »
Thanks Glenn.... A few tornado seasons ago I got help from folks I had never met. Figure it's the least I could do. A few of us have tasked ourselves with clearing farm animals from ditches, culverts and drain pipes. Keeps the water moving. Who would have thought!?
Zat choo, Buckwheat...?

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 KLRWorld.com
All Rights Reserved