Username: Password:

Author Topic: Dust to Dawson '14  (Read 2424 times)

Offline Dave S

• Bike: '15Weestrom '06WR450Fv
Dust to Dawson '14
« on: June 13, 2014, 07:53:54 PM »
Who be heading to Dawson to the D2D ?? See ya on the road...sad to say the KLR is sidelined this year, the King Bee needs new rings and the Schnitz Kit has to wait. Riding the VFR, with a freshly installed Throttlemeister. Wish any and all you riders safe rides and good weather.
ATGATT +change fuel often

Offline Road2adv

• Bike: A19 2005 KLR
Re: Dust to Dawson '14
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 10:45:56 PM »
Who be heading to Dawson to the D2D ?? See ya on the road...sad to say the KLR is sidelined this year, the King Bee needs new rings and the Schnitz Kit has to wait. Riding the VFR, with a freshly installed Throttlemeister. Wish any and all you riders safe rides and good weather.

Have a safe ride this year Dave. We will miss seeing photos of the "Yellow Canadian Comet" bike.  Photo from 2012 Tech day.

Offline OldKLR

• Bike: 1997 KLR650
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 12:44:30 PM »
If you find yourself in the Chilliwack area and want to do some maintenance or need coffee & pie. Let me know. I have tools, garage and some experince (54 years of professional experience + trades qualifications). If you'd like a contact number just in case, PM and I'll send you my cell number. We also have a trailer and ramp if I can beg DW's SUV.  ;-)

Offline Dave S

• Bike: '15Weestrom '06WR450Fv
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 04:15:56 PM »
Whoaa a flashback photo...I think thats Spokane Dave n me yakking.

I met up with NomadGal last nite at the dinner in the Dawson Arena. Oddly enuf she remembered me from the DiamondLake tech meet..'12. She is on her way across the north...looking for every back trail and remote riad she can find.

I rode up to Dawson on the VFR...with michelin road 2's...so its black top for me. The bits of road that were gravel and construction had me slewing like a drunk....

Hey man!!!thanx for the invitation of hospitality n breakdown assistance...I will be passing thro the Chilly area. .maybe late July..heading for the Sunshine coast..my annual pilgrimage to my old stomping grounds.

Pmail me your ph nmbr..and we can meet for a yak n drink on my way thro.

Ride safe Amigo.
ATGATT +change fuel often

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 KLRWorld.com
All Rights Reserved