Username: Password:

Author Topic: I Like.....  (Read 2025 times)

Offline trialsguy

• Contributing Member
  • Bike: KLR, Connie, SRX6, GasGas
I Like.....
« on: July 22, 2015, 10:19:38 PM »
Thought I'd give this a shot.  We all run across something we really like, and would highly recommend.  Here's one of mine.....

Gaerne trials boots for tripping or off-highway riding.  (I don't use 'em for commuting).  Tall, great quality leather, good protection but not clunky.  So comfortable, sometimes I wear them in camp until beddy-bye time.  Waterproof, though I haven't tested that.  Not cheap, but they'll last many years.

https://secure.rypusa.com/prodpage.cfm?cat_selected=73&product_selected=399&startrow=1

Offline Cway

• Veteran Member
  • Bike: 2008 KLR 685
Re: I Like.....
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 06:02:48 AM »
Thanks for the review. I have been thinking about these boots as my Old Alpinestars have seen better days.

Offline trialsguy

• Contributing Member
  • Bike: KLR, Connie, SRX6, GasGas
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 11:23:01 PM »
I've been using these:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/35787/i/tour-master-womens-solution-wp-2-0-road-boots?WT.ac=SLIsearch

...and they're inexpensive, and useful, but crapped out after a couple years, and NEVER were as comfortable as the Gaernes.

Go with the good stuff...

Offline EnduroRdr

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 09:11:34 AM »
I have had several different brands mostly mix and match of stuff that is old and getting worn. So this year I wanted to get something new. I stumbled onto this review from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC. So I bought a jacket and pants.

ARC Battleborne - and for the money this stuff is great! I think you can get better riding gear with all the same features, but you will pay almost double the price.
Very well made I give it all thumbs up!  :thumb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RswCvd-dDc&feature=youtu.be

Offline Cway

• Veteran Member
  • Bike: 2008 KLR 685
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 07:11:50 AM »
I also have the ARC gear from Rocky Mountain. I have had is probably close to ten years and they have been great except every year the pants get smaller in the waistband area.

Offline Gunny

• Bike: '02 and '05 KLR
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 03:52:34 PM »
I mix and match gear, works best for the weather really. An olympia Moab jacket, 3/4 mesh jacket with an insulated and waterproof liner (separate), aerostitch darien pants, love them, waterproof and durable with decent armor. Kinda rashed up with a couple small holes in the seat now. gotta send them back for repair service. Got them in gray so they don't absorb as much heat as the black does. a pair of Klim riding gloves {thanks Jim !} and a beat up pair of alpine stars tech 6 boots that probably should have been binned 10 years ago lol. Only thing holding the soles on is shoe goo { that stuff works great } but they are just so comfortable I can't bear to get rid of them until I find something better. Maybe this will be the year I get a pair of combat touring boots.

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 KLRWorld.com
All Rights Reserved