You know how many trash bags I can buy for thirty bucks!?
But seriously those look like a great investment. Here's the Tech 3's for anyone interested. They look like they have a good heel in back which is one of the things I like about the combat/logger style boots.
* Contoured shin plate is injected with high modulus PU for a high level of impact and abrasion resistance
* Reinforced leather plate runs along rear of the boot
* Extended inside and outside plate guards the side and toebox area of the boot High grip design is injected with medium/low durometer PU for excellent support and side contact
* Patented "ankle brace" with shock absorbing ankle padding
* Internal plastic reinforcement on the inner side of the boot is covered by thick stamped suede for increased grip and heat resistance
* Stitched instep flex zone
* Action leather upper
* Alpinestars' exclusive allterrain high grip rubber component sole with a contoured stainless steel shank and steel sole guard
* Four buckles with memory featuring a quick release/locking system. Buckles are injected with high impact resistant technopolymer
* Top of the boot is sealed with a Velcro strap connected to elastic stretch PVC
* Poly fabric lining coupled with multidensity EVA
* Removable anatomic foot bed
* Extended gaiter helps prevent water entry