Enclosed is a review of the REI waterproof mitten style over-covers. The intent of the covers is to provide a breathable type glove to be worn over an insulating type glove. They are a relatively new item I saw at the store. They sell for $49.50.
gloves from store...size XL to accommodate thick insulated motorcycle gloves.
thick insulating motorcycle glove. Olympia brand, claimed to be waterproof, but often leaked.
thick glove on hand
slide mitt on over the insulating glove.
1. Gloves are thin so, they do not imped the hand functions (i.e. clutch, brake) or thumb actions (horn, turn signal, starter....) Any more so than the thick insulating glove.
2. REI produces quality stuff. Easy return policy if there is a loss of fit, form or function.
3. No leaks what so ever in 1.5 hour heavy rain commute.
4. Easy on easy off. Simple storage in pannier box.
5. good palm friction surface for the motorcycle grip.
In summary a keeper!